• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What mem voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
put some heatsinks and a fan on them and you shouldn't have any trouble at all at any voltage your motherboard allows. People have their differant limits, but once you get by that mental block and realize that it won't kill your memory you do fine.

ok this is something ive always wanted to know,How the hell do you change the memory voltage(in my case its for a KK266-R) and what are signs that would lead you to upping the voltage?

your board has to support it. and it would be near the vcore settings and the symptoms are locking up when the fsb is to high.

WHAT voltage could i get? im getting the thermaltake mem cooling kits and 768 mb of crucial cas2.5 ddr 2100 mem, someone with the thermaltake kits hit 183fsb pretty easy at 3.3v with the board im getting, can i? or is it dangerous?
IF U HAVE good cooling lets say -8C..... could you have the voltage as high as you want? or does it giveway(break) at a certain voltage regardless of it being cold? this is 4 the mem? can i hit 3.3v?

alisport said:
ok this is something ive always wanted to know,How the hell do you change the memory voltage(in my case its for a KK266-R) and what are signs that would lead you to upping the voltage?

if you havent an option to modify only the mem voltage the reason must be that it must be set by some mainboard jumper or its possible the VIO voltage be the only way to go. if you cant find out a jumper which will work only with the memory voltage look for the VIO (I/O) one - be careful with this, it will affect most of the components of your computer.

If you found some way to pelter or watercool your memory you would probably get a fair amount out of it and take away any chance of frying it at high voltages.

Remember, heat kills not voltage.

ok to night I hit 3.2 with the same set up as you have or going to have but I use only 1 fan its the thermaltake chip set cooler it has blue iodized coating on heatsink with a fan and it fits just 1 though check it out

Back