• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error / Problem when opening Microsoft Office 2003 Word

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albigger

Just developed this problem recently, not sure what triggered it or what I changed (nothing I remember).

I have full office 2003 installed and NONE of the other applications give me an error but when I try to open Word I get pop-up boxes of errors like:

title: Norton Antivirus 2005
message: Please wait while Windows configures Norton Antivirus 2005
<cancel button>

and another pop-up in front of that:
title: Norton Antivirus 2005
message: Norton AntiVirus 2005 does not support the Repair feature, please uninstall and reinstall.
<OK button>

Those series of two popup messages appears 3 times in a row and I hit "OK" three times and then word finally opens. Its just really annoying. This happens even when Norton autoprotect is disabled.

Anyone know the cause or a fix for this? I guess I will try to uninstall/reinstall just the Word part of office, maybe that will work.

Ok, also it doesn't happen when I just open excel the application, but if I double-click an excel file then the same error happens. Weird.

EDIT: Well reinstalling didn't help, so I did the logical thing - said goodbye to Norton and its system-resource hogging ways. No more error messages. Have to install AVG now.

Last edited:
Back