• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Locked Windows OS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Parkins8

Registered
Hey all....I have a problem I have yet to run into. When i start the PC and windows begins to load....it gets to the login screen. At that point I choose my profile and log in. Once I do that and windows continues to load the desktop appears as normal. After the Desktop shows up and my icons show up and all looks good...is when the problem begins. I can not click on any of the icons. If i move the mouse down to the start button all i get is an hour glass and the ability to do nothing. The windows button on the keyboard does not work either. I can get to the task manager and look around...all the processes seem normal. I get this same problem if I start in safe mode as well. I have tried running Hijackthis from a command prompt and I still have the same problem. This is a friends computer and he said his anti-virus said it found something along the lines of Trojan Horse Dialer. I am running out of ideas..if anyone has a direction i can go in or try it would be much appreciated..Thanks...JP

Here is the log file...I ran Hijackthis about an hour ago and it found alot more...however I do not have the log file...here is what i just got upon running it again:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:16:43 PM, on 10/25/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
F:\Programs\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O20 - Winlogon Notify: st3 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\st3.dll
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

Back