• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is It Worth Upgrading To Office XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I own a copy of Office 2000 Pro it cost me enough and since it's now 5 years old I was thinking should I upgrade it. I only use Excel and Word 2000 at the moment as I don't seem to need Access or Powerpoint but is it worth the upgrade. I've seen the Office XP Upgrade for £79 but the Office XP package is the same price should I spend the money or is it just a waste of time.

I'm in the same boat as you. I wouldn't do it. The 2000 does everything I need. The newer one has voice recognition, which doesn't work, and more bells and whistles to use more CPU cycles.

I'll stay pat with O2k until Microsoft decides to break it with a future critical OS update and then I'll migrate to Open Office 2.

If your current version is doing everything you need then I say you stick with it. MS Office cost way to much just for a few new addons.

Agreed, the new versions of office are just a waste of money. MS dressed up office and added some new features, but i dont use the new features at all. If the 2k version works fine for you, don't bother wasting your money.

Thanks Guys I'll save my money then I think I might purchase a new PSU I've seen a 500+watt Hiper it comes with a feature that I've never seen before. You can take off any molex power cables you don't use to save space which is an awsome idea.

Office XP is not the best upgrade over 2000. If you need to upgrade then get Office 2003 which is much better than XP. I would still wait for the next version of office since they are changing most of the stuff to XML.

Back