• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plastic-coated wire...would this work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

I got a Robo-Raptor for my birthday, and after unpacking it am left with about a dozen thick plastic-coated wires that are used to secure large toys to the packaging. If I used tool dip on the ends so as to completely cover the wire, would they work for cable management?

I'm guessing not, as this doesn't appear to be something that would tolerate heat at all (any attempt seems like it would result in some flavor of disaster). Oh well; any other uses (besides a "hanger" for my tube of Ceramique which I already did) or should I just chuck it?

i have used them, just dont be stupid about it. they are much better for cables that need to be moved around to access other things. to short something, they would have to connect 2 points. a screw is more likely to do that than a twist-tie, yet we use tons of screws inside a case.

I was considering using them for my unused/excess PSU wires (tie them up at the top of the case). I have a few self-adhesive cable clamps, but am hesitant to put those in the case as I don't know what the adhesive is rated for in terms of heat (probably not much). I did get to scrape melted adhesive foam (from an EL converter that died) off a drive cage yesterday...still haven't gotten it all off. Luckily it's not in the way of anything important.

Meh, I'll think about it. It was an idea, anyway.

Back