• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS4400c25 or something else for my AI7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

disk11

My current Mushkin TCCD sticks are not doing to well. I can't enable PAT at ddr400 and they won't do 250 1:1 at all.

I saw a good price on a 1GB kit of the XMS and was wondering if these would work better than my Mushkins, or if I should consider another 1GB kit of something else.

Mushkin TCCD's are fine (especially if you have earlier revisions) and you would be just wasting your money if you were to buy some other TCCD modules, better invest your $ in a better mobo.

What are the current timings that you are using right now and how much Vdimm are you giving them?

Currently 2-2-2-6, 5:4 2.6vdimm, I think A-A-A-D-D for the GAT settings.

I tried up to 2.9vdimm, 1.65 vagp, 3-4-4-8 timings, and A-A-A-D-D for GAT with no luck on my 250 fsb 1:1 run. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't go higher on the vdimm, even with the 92mm fan I have over the vdimm slots.

RD, why do you say the earlier revisions should be fine?

Back