• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LMFAO at this:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xoligy

ok im looking at control units on scan.co.uk and looked at this one here looked down at the q's and a's and saw this: -

Code:
Author: Hugo Yates | Date: 01/03/2005 16:20
Question / Problem
Does this take batteries at all?

Xoligy said:
well blow me down i never knew! now i feel stupid lol

[offtopic] Do you watch Full house? I think its a good show. [/offtopic]

Anyways, yeah lol. That would really stink if you had to use batteries for everything.

Smarta**es :p

My brother fan controller has a standard CMOS type batter to save settings when the computer is turned off. I think the Hardcano 13 does as well but im not positive.

It is useful when you have alarms and other things set.

JT

It doesn't seem like it would be very difficult to replace the stadard batteries with rechargables and set the batteries up to charge while the computer is on. Correct me if I'm wrong though. By difficult I mean the circuit wouldn't have to be very complex

The person might have gotten this panel confused with a simple temperature monitor (one that just says the reading from one temp probe). Most of those run off of batteries not taking in any external power at all. If that person was looking for an upgrade for that system, they might have not connected the dots and therefore thought that "if it reads temps, a battery is behind it". It happens...

3DFlyer said:
All computers use batteries. CMOS Li batt's. :p
When was the last time you had to replace a CMOS battery?

I've done it once, about 4/5 years ago...

Back in the day, the batteries would only last a good six years. They don't make 'em like they used to.
They make them better now.

Back