• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stoperhead

ok built new system about a month ago but have not oc'd it yet now I am starting to get crashes.I get a blue screen telling me something but it does not stay up long enough to read,so my question is how do i find the problem?

stoperhead said:
ok built new system about a month ago but have not oc'd it yet now I am starting to get crashes.I get a blue screen telling me something but it does not stay up long enough to read,so my question is how do i find the problem?

So it was working fine for a month (with no overclock), then once you started to overclock you started recieving the blue screens? Also what are your system specs?

sorry was a little vauge.no oc yet started about a week ago crashing from time to time reloaded OS yesterday but still doing it,did it while i was trying to reload os :bang head so I am thinking maybe hardware but don't know where to start this is my first build is there a way to read the message it is giving me on the blue screen I get before it restarts because it only stays up seems like 2 or 3 seconds before restarting?here is basic hardware-amd 3200 asus a8n-e 2 gig ocz(1gig sticks) forton blue storm ps xfx 6800gt

Wow I think that is the longest run-on sentence I have ever seen, but I can't really say much because I am bad at grammar as well. Anyways back on topic. Try what Know Nutting said and run one stick of memory. Also check your bios for your temps and see if any of them are high. Could be that your CPU heatsink came loose. Hope this helps

Yeah, check your tempatures that would be the first thing I would check

and Welcome to the Forums :Welcome:

OK tried one stick and one of them seems to run stable,how do i make sure it is my ram that is bad before I send it back to ocz?Thanks for the help trying to learn here but can be confusing sometimes when you know as little as I do.I will try not to make the rest of my post one sentence :p

Back