• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I finally had time to clean up my wiring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VWrpm

Registered
Ok...so I buy a new power supply and install it and decide to use my rounded cables again because they match the power supply cales. When I'm finished I am not satisfied but it took so long I just close it up and use it. I collect some other parts and ideas but never want to lose the use of the PC to install them (is this sounding familiar to anyone?). Then comes hurricane Wilma and she takes my power away. Long days + nothing to do = me ripping my rig apart and getting stuff done.

Before
beforewm5kq.jpg

After
afterwm2ct.jpg

New hard drive location
newhdlocation6ez.jpg

New hard drive cooling fan
hdfancover5ir.jpg

I must have made the PC gods happy with this cleanup because my power came back earlier than predicted by local authorities.

Whoa, looks like you hide those wires really well. Before they were over your heatsink, now it looks as if there might actually be a temperature decrease.

Is that a Ultra X-Connect? Looks pretty modular to me.

That's a cool cardkeeper for that 6800GT, looks shiny.

You are right. The PSU is modular and that was part of the problem. Don't get me wrong because I like it and it performs well. It's just that I didn't expect the plastic ends to take up so much space when I bought it. The rounded IDE cables are in the parts box again because they cannot be hidden. I have better luck hiding the flat ones with creative bending. I think I will be in the market for a larger case in the near future.

As a weird side effect, my computer seems quieter now that I have a fan in the front panel.
fanlight8ga.jpg

Back