• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800 E Deluxe help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Recursion

I Rmaed the P4c800-e deluxe and got the new board. Installed my p4 2.4c and it worked great. Same as the prior board. But I have been getting alot of problems, such as My floppy drive just does not work, I cant even boot to a Bootable floppy, when I try to acces a floppy in windows, I get the error (a:\ is not accesable---No ID address mark was found on the floppy disk). When I boot the computer with no Cds or floppys, the computer takes 5x longer to post than the prior board did. It just sits there and doesnt do anything for maybe 20 seconds and then it boots. So I thoght to update the bios, but when I try to install Asus Update I get the error(NY service registry error! Please reboot Nt and try again) Then when I press Ok I get the error message(Setup Program detect no Asus motherboard. Installation will abort now). I even get errors when trying to open the Ai Booster from Asus.

Ive tried to reinstall the components and I have tried to set the bios to default, but I get no change. I cant update the bios threw a floppy because i cant boot with a floppy.

What do you guys think is wrong?

I dont know but I have had the 800SE for a couple of months and now im getting so many problems like failure to recognize usb devices and problems getting into windows black screens etc..So bad I cant use it.
As far as I know it's virus free.GL with yours

I personally think the the p4x800 series was fubared. Mine has no sound, the ethernet port doesn't work, floppies don't work, and more problems, problems, problems. it's a good board but it just sucks(if that makes any sense).

-1cem4n

Check the cable? I had an issue with a IDE ribbon cable that shorted out on my metal chassis, and caused a corrupt HD. Also, maybe the drive itself has issues ($10 floppy drives can't be all that heavy duty these days IMO). Oddly, my Floppy Drive just started acting up this week, but I really think it is a bad drive on my PC (also a P4C800-E Dlx).

:cool:

Odd. I hope my baby is not going squirrely on me, too :eek: (just came back from RMA after it would no longer POST). Keep us posted on your progress, and I'll mess with my Floppy when I get some time.

Have you tried clearing your CMOS for fun?

PS - My Floppy Drive won't format/write reliably (as of last week), but I was able to flash my BIOS by making the Floppy on a different PC, and my PC read it fine (same with making a GHOST Boot Floppy)...

:cool:

Scotch said:
I Rmaed the P4c800-e deluxe and got the new board. Installed my p4 2.4c and it worked great. Same as the prior board. But I have been getting alot of problems, such as My floppy drive just does not work, I cant even boot to a Bootable floppy, when I try to acces a floppy in windows, I get the error (a:\ is not accesable---No ID address mark was found on the floppy disk). When I boot the computer with no Cds or floppys, the computer takes 5x longer to post than the prior board did. It just sits there and doesnt do anything for maybe 20 seconds and then it boots. So I thoght to update the bios, but when I try to install Asus Update I get the error(NY service registry error! Please reboot Nt and try again) Then when I press Ok I get the error message(Setup Program detect no Asus motherboard. Installation will abort now). I even get errors when trying to open the Ai Booster from Asus.

Ive tried to reinstall the components and I have tried to set the bios to default, but I get no change. I cant update the bios threw a floppy because i cant boot with a floppy.

What do you guys think is wrong?

Few simple things :p

Sure you are plugging the power cable in right, not upside down?
Is seek floppy on boot enabled in the bios?
Is your boot config right eg CD-ROM Floppy HHD-X etc etc.

You could always RMA again, but that really sucks. Which bios is it flashed to?

Scott.

Dam that's a first for me :eh?: Since you tried swapping hardware, try removing the cmos battery for a while. If this doesn't clear the problem, i suggest using a sharpie marker and mark the board with a dot in someplace only you will know and see and rma the board again. The mark is so that you'll know if the send the same board back.

Petty much all you can do at this point.

Yeah lol, I do that with everythiong I return. Im waiting for asus to retrun my email.

Maybe there stumped also.

Back