• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Joltserver.com - Warning! (this may be a BS claim-sss)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RobbedCustomer

Sup guys, friendly OC'r from occ! :)
I have come in peace, but with a mission!

------------------------------------------

Well, I will be the one to warn you folks who are looking into renting a Game Server etc.

My clan just over a year ago decided to switch to a new provider for our Counter-Strike 1.6 Server, we had looked around for weeks! We came upon Joltservers.com and loved their pings, the staff and most especially the price!

Well, naturally it was to good to be true, within 1-2 weeks we were having constant ping spikes, server crash (downtime went from hrs to days, most was 1.5 weeks!)
Big deal if the server crashes once or twice right? Well its kind of a pain if those at JoltServers.com cant even Setup your control panel to be in working condition!

The main thing that annoyed (and down right ****ed us off) was the fact there was no support, if something went wrong it was up to you to fix it! (ya GL doing that when you cant access anything)

Support was down right crap, You couldnt get ahold of anyone if your life depended on it.
A few times I had to even call them.
Our server would be down for days on end before someone would even read the e-mails or listen to the messages I left for them.

We had the server for roughly a year,
I dont play Counter-Strike much myself. I only took care of it.
I've been running Counter-Strike servers since Counter-Strike came out!

Our ventrilo was even an issue.

Some of this doesnt seam like a big deal, but when you pay for something usually you expect to get it.
Service at least would have been nice!

So to summon all this up,

Do NOT rent a game server/vent etc from JoltServers.com, unless you like being ripped off.

Thanks.

nuclearfallout.net i use them there tech support is the best ive ever seen for any company selling anything! i love the live irc chat someones always there and they always can fix your problems

I hate to be the one to say it but If I was a gambling man, I would say this person's story is a fairy tale and total fabrication by someone that simply has an ax to grind with Joltserver.com
I scoured Joltserver.com to see if they bind people to a one year contract in their TOS, THEY DON'T, they offer recurring billing once per month, this user had he had these issues would have cancelled after one month and be done with it.
This use has ONE post here, and is most likely a competetor of Joltserver or somethign along those lines.

If he really was a customer, he would not put up with 9 or ten day downtime as he claims, as far as support, he is dilutional. I wrote Joltservers a question about this and recieved a reply very quicky.

I bet this person that posted this, will not return to reply to this post, because normally these types of disparaging posts are made by fly by night users with an axe to grind, that never return to comment in their own threads.

Like I said, if I was a betting man, I would say this is pure and utter fabrication. Matter of fact, I may just rent a server from these guys and decide for myself if this person is a
bs.gif
-er or not.

Nice catch, Sam. I was reading without any bias as to what you had said at first, and even I was going in my head "if you dislike them so much, why wait till now to do anything? Why put up with it so long? Its not like you were chained to the server for a year"

^^^ kind of sad you are so willing to jump on the bandwagon based on one persons bad experience, i guess you never buy anything since every company has their bad times.

AMD sucks cause joedumbassblow's chip didnt overclock to 5ghz!!!!
ATI sucks cause their cards came out late they cant perform for crap!

quick, dont buy those products cause i said they were bad based on one single personal experience or "opinion"

-.-

Well sam, Nice assumption.

and for those who wonder why I put up with it, I didnt.

I didnt pay for the server, I only managed it.
I couldnt care less about the server the clan had rented, but I do care about someone else looking for a server and finds this one.

I am trying to save you guys some cash, if you want to flame me because I have 2 posts then go ahead.
At least some have been warned.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/Joltservercom_Warning_-t59366.html

-.- bs claim that.

http://www.joltservers.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208

Last edited:
RobbedCustomer said:
Well sam, Nice assumption.

and for those who wonder why I put up with it, I didnt.

I didnt pay for the server, I only managed it.
I couldnt care less about the server the clan had rented, but I do care about someone else looking for a server and finds this one.

I am trying to save you guys some cash, if you want to flame me because I have 2 posts then go ahead.
At least some have been warned.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/Joltservercom_Warning_-t59366.html

-.- bs claim that.

http://www.joltservers.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208

I was looking for other forums you might have posted on. In fact I looked at 5 of the largest forums, but didn't find any complaints until you posted the link to Overclockersclub.com. I'm assuming this is you, correct?

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?showtopic=59366

"I will be posting on various other forums aswell, My experience with Jolt was a hassle."

I just find it hard to believe that anyone not under a bi-annual or annual contract would tolerate a 9 or 10 day downtime. That link to the other forum is you complaining? Not like theres a huge outcry of disatisfaction.
With that said, if it would help you, I handle the Vendor Dispute issues here. If you are looking for some sort of payment for your downtime I can help you with them if your claim is valid.

Thanks for the offer ss but I am done dealing with jolt, I have to move in 2 days and couldnt care less!

I just want those who are in search for a provider to know about our(my clans) experience.

Back