• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andyl33t

hi, i just built this computer today and installed xp fine. problem is that when the comp is on for about 10 minutes, it just freezes, everything freezes, the picture on the screen stays still. Whats wrong?

these are my specs:

amd athlon 64 4000+
abit fatal1ty mobo
2 x 512mb pc4000 ocz ram
2 x gigabyte 7800gtx in sli
enermax 600watt psu
74gb raptor
200gb wd cavialer (or what eva its called lol :p )
soundblaster x-fi fatal1ty edition

Thanks

ok now it doesnt even boot, get the blue screen thing when windows loads :(

i just took a 7800gtx out and i still get the blue screen, should i use the windows recovery console thing?

i put the card back in and i get some mega artifacts, all the screen is practically covered

im just gonna reinstall windows. i rlly dno whats wrong :(

edit: using the windows to repair the installation

culd it be a harddrive prob? they are ontop of eachotha (gt no space atm untill i get a new case) and they are extremely hot.

ok im still having the same problem. gnna do a complete reinstall of xp

ok, i think it could be my xp pro disk, so im using my xp home disk and installing xp. hope this works :(

There is an edit button just lower right of your post ;)

Check your CPU and chipset heatsink and fans. Sounds like overheating. Also, try running with only one stick of RAM.

sorry.
all the fans are ok and im using a si-120 with 120mm fan so it cant be the cpu. and the cpu temp reading on Uguru is around 40c. i will try using only 1 ram when xp is finished installing, mite even try using ddr333 ram just incase this pc4000 is too high.

ok thermal goop re-applied, and 1 stick of ram taken out. lets see if this works

edit:
IT WORKS WOOOOOOOO. im gnna put the ram back in.

Last edited:
Back