• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB Initiating....BEEP BEEP BEEP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
I thought that today would be a good day to install my DFI 925X-T2. When I try to start it up, it'll just beep. DFI includes a diagnostic device with 4 LEDs. It shows you what step it is at in the bootup. Everytime it freezes on "Initializing USB". I've seen the post screen once, seen the DFI logo once, and gotten into the BIOS twice, but each time it just freezes right away. I've cleared the CMOS, reseated the RAM, replaced the CMOS battery, unplugged absolutely everything from it, even using the on/off switches that are on the actual motherboard!

Even though I didn't think it would do anything I changed some jumpers on "5v" to "5vsb". However, it did not do anything.

I don't know what else to do aside from reseating the CPU. I figured that as DFI's top of the line motherboard it would be of high quality, but I should have gone with my hunch. Does anybody have any ideas, or have experienced this themselves?

One more thing I noticed. The system does not like it when I run just one stick of RAM, for some reason when I do that it won't get past the RAM part of startup. No matter what combo of RAM I have in it, it only likes it when I have it installed in pairs. Do you think that it's possible that the motherboard does not like the RAM that I have?

Thanks in advance. :)

Back