• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

portable dvd player question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vcstrike

i live in florida and with losing power each year i figured i would buy a portable dvd player. i noticed that all of them i looked at didn't use AA or that sort of battery. are there any that do? or could someone post a link where i can buy extra battery packs because 2 hours of battery life is about one movie and that's not really worth it if i have no power :)

You only lose power once a year? This year has been nuts. I know exactly how you feel. The only portables I've seen with AA batteries have really small screens.

yeah i just got hit by wilma 4 days without power. i mean i lose power a few times a year but it only happens during a small period. if the small screen ones can play the exact same thing and are cheaper it would be ok because i could buy more of them and let people watch somethin different.

Just get something from Walmart, troll eBay for a couple more similiar batteries from other seller who has the same model and don't want them.

Or go to Radio Shack, buy a compatible sized plug and some size D holders (8 for 12v) or even a 12v lantern battery. Those will last a lot longer than AA's

problem is battery life most have rechargable Lion so you may even be better off with a small generator. I know that may sound a bit over the top but I lived inthe Tampa bay area for over 15 years and I can tell you that a small one really does come in handy. <shrug> .02 given

Back