• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fastest CD to ISO program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC/ingmaddog

Well the title says it. I am looking for the fastest program that would allow me to copy my game cd's (that I own legitimately) to ISO so I don't have to insert the CD every time I play the game. I have CloneCD and I know that it makes awesome copies but it takes two hours to copy a one cd game. I don't want to wait that long. I want that to be a last resort. I don't understand this part though; CloneCD used to be a lot faster (like 10min a cd) now it's almost 2 HOURS! Argh. Any ideas? Other programs to use?

If CloneCD used to work faster, have you tried reinstalling it to see if it would return to its former speed?

OC/ingmaddog said:
Well the title says it. I am looking for the fastest program that would allow me to copy my game cd's (that I own legitimately) to ISO so I don't have to insert the CD every time I play the game. I have CloneCD and I know that it makes awesome copies but it takes two hours to copy a one cd game. I don't want to wait that long. I want that to be a last resort. I don't understand this part though; CloneCD used to be a lot faster (like 10min a cd) now it's almost 2 HOURS! Argh. Any ideas? Other programs to use?
Check if your "Fast skip bad sectors" switch is still turned on, and reinstall ASPI drivers.

yeh winimage or winiso either one does it pretty quick for me 5-10 mins.. but sounds to me softwares not your problem unless somethings mis-configured, or driver problems with software.. i'd re-install.. maybey clean your cd drive.

I use Clone CD or Nero and it does an ISO in about 6 min. Are you having trouble burning anything else. I would try what repilce suggested, reformat reconfigure and clean.

Back