• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x512 or 2x1G ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bLack0ut

Is it worth upgrading from 1G to 2G? This is for use in newer games, internet, and multitasking, with a little photoshopping.

Well if you are playing games you can probably tell if you could use more performance. The upgrade to 2 GBs will definitely be noticeable in overall smoothness and responsiveness.

PhotoShop shines with 2g of ram! and over all yes - if it is not a large dent in your pocket - i say YES, might as well get it now since ram is pretty cheap.

DocGiggs said:
I picked up these...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231032

the price for the performance is well worth it. Considering the fact I'm going to be selling off my old, but still awsome, 1GB kit of BH-5's... the price difference/dent is hardly noticeable, if at all.

Bought the same pair. They're coming today. Seems like a good set of ram. Good timings at stock, and it seems like you can get ~240 @ 2.5CL, and ~260CL3 if you get a good set.

Back