• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommendation for SLI board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

obiwan

Registered
I need some feedback on a new sli board.
CPU will be an 840 with 2 6800 ultra's.
I have had good luck with the last couple Asus boards but i have read that their new sli intel boards are lacking.

Any thoughts?

TIA

I have heard that the NF4 SLI paired with an Intel CPU is a very bad match for overclocking. You would better served by an Intel chipset.

obiwan said:
I need some feedback on a new sli board.
CPU will be an 840 with 2 6800 ultra's.
I have had good luck with the last couple Asus boards but i have read that their new sli intel boards are lacking.

Any thoughts?

TIA

I HAD the P5ND2-SLI Deluxe. I have asked for a refund and will be purchasing the P5WD2 instead. In my opinion the P5ND2-SLI sucked. It died on me after 3 days. Before that overclocking wasn't impressive. If you want more info go to Asus's own forum and you will see what the current owners are saying. I haven't heard anything about the Epox board so I can't comment but I think the NVIDIA chipset is the problem. It got hotter than hell! I read good things about the P5N32-SLI-Deluxe on Anadtechs site but they suddenly are no longer available, everyone is on back order. It almost seems suspicious.

Abit fatality an8-sli

the option 2 reset ur bios with out going in2 ur case.......an overclockers dream and a great board 2 boot

Guys, they are right! If you want to OC to anything close to what the CPU is capable of, I highly recommend you take these folks advice about the nf boards. They suck! They will assure you of a low clock, a hot CPU, because you'll have to crank the voltage to the max to get anything at all out of them, you'll have the priveledge of weeding through a myiad of issues, and once you get through them all you'll still have a board that totally sucks.

Go onto the Intel CPU forum and take a look around. Anybody that has had one of these has had nothing but trouble from it.

Right now nVidia is playing some sort of political game by not supporting the Intel chipsets with SLi. Why they do that is beyond me. What we all need to do is send them an e-mail stating that when they decide to support SLi we can use it, and then will be able to buy a full SLi setup, but until they do it, they are continue to loose SLi sales like they just did.

You can get far better performance from a single card right now on a good motherboard, than you can with a crappy underclocker that is riddled with bugs.

I want SLi too, and I've already sent them an e-mail about it. I also told them to think about what has made them money all along. It's their cards that people want and need. We don't need that nf4 crap they are shoveling out, and they really need to pull the things from the market...they are ripping people off by selling the things at all. They don't work.

Blackmage said:
what did you hear about it?
Just that is has better implementation of the SLI for Intel. Epox waited a long time to produce theirs and I guess it shows in the SLI performance and stability of the mobo. Good BIOS options and very few issues. I've heard of noone complaining about heat issues, though there are very few people using Intel SLI boards.
Best bet is to get a good Intel chipset board and a higher end gfx card.

Back