• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommendation for the replacement of IC7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nitalice

Registered
My Abit IC7 and PowerColor 9800 Pro(128MB) just dead. Now I have my CPU 3.0E and 512*2(DDR400) so i dont want to move to LGA 775 socket. However I found out some motherboards that have 915P chipset which also support 478 socket.

So do you think it is the good think for move from 875P to 915P(socket478) as I can use my old CPU RAM and can upgrade my video to PCI express too?

is the speed of 915P is comparable to 875P, or should I uprade everythink to LGA 775Socket with DDR1 or DDR2.

Anyone has experience with 915P(socket 478) please give me some comment?

915P chipset is terrible. Stay away from it at all costs.

IC7/AI7 from Abit or P4P800/P4C800 from Asus.

so if i want to stay with the same 875P

this three board with one do you recommend

-ABIT IC7(I loved it, fast nothing wrong but it dead because the electricity unstability)

-Asus P4C800

-DFL Lanparty 875P

I liked my IC7 but if i have chance, i may want to expericence with other brand too, so is it a good idead?

My system not OC(not sure in the future when software need faster machine) I like to play first-person shooting game (HL2, Far cry or call of duty) but i not play for everyday only when the new game is coming and play till finish then stop.

So which between those three which one you recommend?

thank i think i should stick with my ABit.

But i can find IC7G and IC7Max3 (mine is IC7) are nearly equall at price (about 20$ different, MAX3 more expensive)

So between IC7G and MAX3 which is good, I may like IC7 max3 about OTES(not sure if it really good or not) but i wonder why ABIT not show it in their web site anymore?

so any ideas?

The Max3 is discontinued which is probably why it's not listed on the Abit site anymore. I would just get the IC7-G and save the extra cash. The OTES is nice visually, but it's more a gimmick than anything.

Back