• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin vs OCZ vs Crucial Ballistix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Null@ck

Registered
I need 2gb (2x 1gb) to go into the DFI Lanparty NF4 Sli mobo Im buying.

Its come down to either the Mushkin, OCZ or Ballistix.

Im after maximum FSB at best timings.

Get the GSkill. ZX or HX.

Z series is the Infenon CE-6's and the H series are UCCCs. They are also much cheaper then either OCZ or the Ballistix for the same chips and PCB. Unless of course you like silver or gold colored heatspreaders instead of blue ones and want to pay more.

If you are looking for bang for buck the PC4000 that we have or the 3200 would do very well in your box. Especially the 4000

If you are looking at high Mhz at the best timings the choice is obvious. Of the top 30 results of 2 gig sets at XS, 25 are Ballistix, 2 Patriot, 2 Mushkin, 1 OCZ. No one can touch the Micron chips in 1 gig modules.

I just bought the Ballistix Tracers for $369. Expensive? Yes. But it was the best deal I could find- and I wanted LED's. I researched 2x1GB modules for about a month prior to buying. I'm confident that I will be happy with my decision. :cool:

The chart that was referred to above is what really solidified my decision. Anybody can make claims, but real-world results speak for themselves.

Duonger said:

you need ACTIVE COOLING for ballistix. they get hot. hense the poor results. look here for the real story http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67762&page=1 nothing can top ballistix. PERIOD.

DocGiggs said:
Get the GSkill. ZX or HX.

Z series is the Infenon CE-6's and the H series are UCCCs. They are also much cheaper then either OCZ or the Ballistix for the same chips and PCB. Unless of course you like silver or gold colored heatspreaders instead of blue ones and want to pay more.

and wrong, they arent the same PCB or Chip as Ballistix. Ballistix use Jet Black LEVEN PCB and use -5b D, which no other company then Crucial uses. and get G.Skills unless you wanna pay 50 bucks more for more mhz, tighter timings, great customer service and gold heatspreaders.

Back