• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory not running at rated speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pr0virus

I dont know exactly when it happened, but my 1gig of DDR400 turned into DDR333. Ive tried changing the BIOS settings to get it to run at DDR400 but it always goes back to 333. CPU-z also confirms this. My 3dmark05 scores have droped 600 points. Please help. I have a athlon 64 3200+ 1gig ddr400 cruicial valueselect, Asus K8N nforce3.

I would try flashing the BIOS and see if that's the problem. If you set it in BIOS then go to boot it should save to the CMOS. What does cpu-z say on the SPD tab?

If, you have 1x1gig then it should work just fine, just set it a 400 in the bios. If, you have 2x512 then you are SOL unless you use bios version 1006, for some reason all bios after that can not run 2 dbl side DDR 400 sticks at ddr 400. They have an updated chart on Asus.com, don't bother even looking at what the manual says only applies to bios 1006 and below. So, you can wait like everyone else for bios fix than will probably not be forth coming from Asus; since they blame AMD or use 1009. For me it's no big deal cause I set mine at DDR 333 and the bus to 247 so the mem then runs at ~410 anyways.

Back