• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinXp help on getting around passwords

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shocker62

Registered
ok.......I know this is a really lame question and i thought it would take me two seconds to fix, however, I have run into diffuclties. My sister's friend is paying me $20 to fix her computer. Nothing is worng with it except that Stephanie (computer owner) forgot her pass to login. So normally I would just press "F8" and go into safe mode and then from there just log into the adminstrators account, but of course the admin account is locked too. I have a few boot ***** that I am trying to get to edit the registry, however it takes a long time and I was wondering if anyone knew of some hot keys I could just press upon startup to make a new admin account or like just a regular account to work with. PLEASE HELP!

Your best bet would be to just give her some time to memorize it. Else a format would be the only options.

If she tends to forget passwords often, you can consider making a password recovery disk using windows XP.

Memorizing the password won't do any good if the computer has already been locked with another password.

It is possible to delete the old passwords from the accounts, and have them with no passwords. Then you would just need to make new passwords that she will remember.

there is 1 easy way to do what you want is ERD commander if you have money.

this software basically allow you to reset and create a password. A must have software for any serious power user.

If you don't have money, there is 1 FREE software which resets and creates a new password for you BUT this software runs from CD AFTER buring it into CDR. (Sorry: i don't have a name at this point because i'm not home.)

if you use google, there is also another article which walks you through *password recovery* process.

try *windows xp password recovery* or something similar in google to see what you get.

Last edited:
i would expect more than 20 bucks for this kind of work. It takes a lot of times if you don't have the right *software*.

if you have ERD or above FREE mentioned software, 20 bucks for fixing this problem in 1 minute is NOT bad.

i would expect more than 20 bucks for this kind of work. It takes a lot of times if you don't have the right *software*.

if you have ERD or above FREE mentioned software, 20 bucks for fixing this problem in 1 minute is NOT bad.

reboot in safe mood and see if you can't log in as admin with no password. And then go and change the password once logged in. Thats how i do it when i forget my passwords.

Sent a PM. Not sure how well the link I had would be accepted by the Mods.

It is easy to find but I am not posting it.

Back