• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acceptable replacement for OCZ 3700 EB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SunTzu69

Hi guys,

OCZ has determined that a dimm of ram from my system has failed. They will send me a new stick. I bought the ram about a year ago in a pair of 2x512MB 3700 EB. That ram is no longer available now.

What would be an acceptable replacement in current models of ram, keeping in mind that I do not want to downgrade. I would like to have something that performs as well or better.

Thank you

I'm not sure what's comparable now, since they are only giving you one stick. Nothing OCZ sells now uses the line of ICs that your sticks have. I'd PM OCZSean and see what he has to say.

I see. Thanks for the feedback. I will be sending them both sticks and getting a new pair (they require that I send both).

Oh ok. Sending both in makes more sense.

I would try for some pc4000 VX (UTT BH-5) would give you 2-2-2-x timings up to 260 sure thing, perhaps more. You could also try to get (I think this is right) pc3700 Gold rev. 3 which should have some Hynix ICs. I would reccomend something TCCD based, but they probably won't give you the pc4800 stuff and the pc3200 Platnium will probably hit 250 fsb but you never know, it depends on how much of a risk you want to take.

I just ordered ocz5331024eldcpe-k today. It's got beautiful specs! I'd have loved to have gotten 2048 but one gig'll be fine till the next time I put together a new system. maybe with DDR2 if AMD goes that way.

& a big thanks to whoever it was i talked to at OCZ who straightened my ... out; I was about to buy the wrong chips & the RMA loss & shipping would have taken an extra bite...

Now I feel just fine about my ram.

MM

Back