• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Top End Memory Needed...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

White Runner

Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice)
Abit Fatal!ty AN8-SLi mobo
(enter new 2x1GB RAM here)
BFG 7800 GT OC vid
Antec TruePower 2.0 550W PSU
Western Digital 250 GB SATA-II, 7,200 rpm, 16mb cache
2 x Maxtor 160 GB SATA-I, 7,200 rpm, 8mb cache
Pioneer DVR-108 DVD-R/RW
Sony DDU1615 DVD-Rom

Long story short.... my buddy tried a set of Crucial Ballistix PC4000 2x1GB , and was unable to run the set together and they are being rma'd. The memory he wants to try is 2 GB (2 pcs 1GB) DDR PC-4000 (500) OCZ Platinum (OCZ5002048EBPE-K) OCZ MEMORY

Is there a better option for him? If so, please post a link. Thanks for the help guys!!

From what i've seen here lately i would say go with something from G.skill someone else will have to chime in here and tell you what models though.. i haven't kept up much.. but from what i understand their the best right now for 64

From what ive heard, for 64's, ocz and ballistix were where its at, but like you said, i need one of the local experts here at ocf to comment.

yeah, i was disappointed as well as my buddy was :\ thats why im hopin i can find some sticks that will get the job done.

Back