• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slipstreaming F@H into a Windows Install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't imagine it'd be too hard....

This should have the info needed assuming it uses a regular installer. If not, it should be trivial to throw the one-click into a batch file that gets ran once right after install.

JigPu

I use that program, but I have no idea how to do it from that, I think I'll have to do some reasearch

You can also do this, dicecca
Unattended Install

Specifically, im referring to this part

2. # Create a subfolder under I386 named $OEM$ to contain all the supplemental files needed for your installation.

That is the folder you create for use during an unattended install, for your software. Its the same place that (suprise suprise) OEM companies put their software for their specific release of Windows.

there is one problem with doing that though....

taken out of hte license agreement
F@H License Agreement said:
Restrictions:

You may use this software on a computer system only if you
own the system or have the permission of the owner.

You may not alter the software or associated data files.

You may only use unmodified versions of Folding@home obtained
through authorized distributors to connect to the Folding@Home
servers. Use of other software to connect to the Folding@home
servers is strictly prohibited.

Distribution of this software is prohibited. It may only be
obtained by downloading from Stanford's web site
(http://folding.stanford.edu and pages linked therein).

The last part, distrobution, is a biggie. You are not allowed to burn F@H into any OS and distribute it. Even linux guys like Arkaine had to make a script that would download F@H so that he and users of overclockix would not be in violation of this agreement.

TollhouseFrank said:
there is one problem with doing that though....

taken out of hte license agreement

The last part, distrobution, is a biggie. You are not allowed to burn F@H into any OS and distribute it. Even linux guys like Arkaine had to make a script that would download F@H so that he and users of overclockix would not be in violation of this agreement.
This is why you would use the one-click install. Unzip the one click into the directory MD described, and modify the client.cfg before you burn your unattended CD.

Erm, he wants to package it together with a Windows CD...
Dunno about you. but I'd fear MS lawyers MUCH more than Stanford's if I wanted to distribute the CD.

Okay Let Me Get This Across. No Where Did I Say I Wanted To Distribute This

This Is For My Own Use. What I Do With This Cd Is None Of Anyones Concern, Ie For Personal Use. This Is To Aid Me To Get A Working Desktop Faster Because Windows Is Crap And I'm Too Lazy To Learn Lixux

Back