• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xoligy

does anyone know how i can keep the my computer and my documents shortcuts at the top of the screen? yea i dont get them put there already :( :shrug:

If they're already on the desktop, you may need to uncheck the "auto arrange" feature:

891aae8e.jpg

If you need to get them on the desktop, right click on the files where ever they may be, and copy and paste them (creates shortcut) to the desktop.

yea sorry should of explaind more lol

i get alot of icons on the desktop and i use the arrange button quite abit, now i dont mind it moving other stuff really but it's just the my computer and my documents i dont want it to move (like the recycle bin it never moves!!!) now the option you mentioned is unchecked

i know with some versions of windows the my computer and my documents are already on the desktop but on mine... they never are! it's a pain i tell you lol isn't there like a registery edit or a tweek that will just place them there :shrug:

oh the reason i dont want them moved is because i use them the most, followed by dreamweaver and photoshop lol but there allowed to move lol (means i have an excuse for not doing work... i couldn't find them! hehe)

THATS IT!!!!?!!?!?

Thanks dude! i can now delete my shortcuts :p

edit: canna think why i didnt think of that doh! :bang head

Back