• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel is slower

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BloodbathMK

Registered
I got my ram last night. DDR 400 Mushkin 2.2.2.5 512x2 i popped it into my biostar 6100-939 mini cube in slot 1 and 3 boots as dual channel, great bandwith but my performance sucks in every game i play. do you think the 3500+ venice memory controllers are two slow. I dont know what to do. I thought dual channel was supposed to be faster :bang head i have even tried backin off the memory speed but its still slower.

Have you tried to run that mem in single channel mode or is that what you are implying. There is like a maximum gain of %5 if that much by using dual channel with DDR 400 ram so i wouldnt worry about it.

i have tried single and its a lot faster, its what i used to get. i didnt know it was just 5% guess i will go with single. only disadvantage mem sticks are closer together and harder to cool.

Back