• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ballistix DDR500 Timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

martinjon666

I have never messed with my timings much because with this setup anytime i change anything with my ram timings my comp hates it and either it won't post or i get the blue screen of death. they are running at 2.5-3-3-8 right now with 2.8 volts, any input would be greatly appreciated.

First reset the CMOS. To revert back to stock on everything.

Mine do 2.5-2-2-6 at 3v. Try setting your VDIMM higher. Iirc the default timings I got at 250MHz were 2.5-3-3-8 so thats kind of weird. 2.5-4-4-8 should be stable at stock VDIMM. If that doesn't work, try setting your memory controller to 2T mode.

my ram is already at 2t and 2.5-3-3-8 is what it runs at for stock speeds my mobo only supports up to 2.85 volts for my ram and i know this ballistix is supposed to be at 2.8 volts stock

Try running memtest86 to see if it passes or fails its tests. Also try running 3-4-4-12 timings. It could be possible that its incompatible with your system.

i have run memtest...many times...and ballistix is supported by evry component in my system, i think it may have something to do with a dual core cpu this is relatively new ground we are all exploring so i am sure there are plenty of bugs to work out...even a 550 mhz oc is nothing to sneeze about

Because its "supported" doesn't mean it can't be incompatible (TCB3 memory for example will cause a lockup in my system every time I put it in even though it should be compatible.) but if its memtest stable & prime stable at something like 255x9 then I would indeed agree with the finger being pointed at the CPU.

Last edited:
You need to raise the voltage on those. They get really hot so keep good active cooling on them. I keep mine at 3.1v and can do 264 @ 2.5-2-2-6 on my Mangled Monkey rig. That wasn't stable and I don't blame it on the ram. On my Yellow Jacket rig I can do 268 @ 2.5-2-2-6 benchable, 270 @ 2.5-2-2-6 unstable, and 280 @ 2.5-3-3-8 24/7 (max on cpu). I would like to try and take these 5B-G's further on the bus speed using my Mangled Monkey rig, but can't get the HTT any higher than 264 using lower or higher multis.

Last edited:
ok guys...sorry but i don't know much about memory. Like TCB3...haven't a clue. Although i am stable as hell at 255x10. Avalanche83 my board only goes up to 2.85 and all the modded bios i try don't recognize my dc cpu. I should not however have messed with my ram at all till i learned more. I am currently in the process of re-installing windows on my machine (this is my wife's 2800+) but what can you do.

Back