• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clocking Patriot 2x512 ddr600 +XBL's (TCCD)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkknight187

alright so i've went through one RMA because at the highest rated advertised speed (ddr600) it would crap out memtest #5 at about 95% with one error in a test before then. i've tried different slots, up to 2.9v forcing 2t, running extrememly low htt/ldt (6/2 respectively) now i'm trying to think if there is something i am either doing wrong or not doing as i really do not want to have to rma these things again.

darkknight187 said:
alright so i've went through one RMA because at the highest rated advertised speed (ddr600) it would crap out memtest #5 at about 95% with one error in a test before then. i've tried different slots, up to 2.9v forcing 2t, running extrememly low htt/ldt (6/2 respectively) now i'm trying to think if there is something i am either doing wrong or not doing as i really do not want to have to rma these things again.
Use 1.55-1.575 vcore, and Ram @ 2.95v min.
Use 3-4-4-8 first if stable then, use 2.5-4-3-9(10)
Use HTL(DFI I thnik) @ 4X. Hyper transport should not exceed 1000-1200mhz.

Test 5 is related to needing more voltage for the timings or speed you've set. TCCD will work just fine up to 3.1v, just make sure you have cooling on them. Make sure to try 3-4-4-8 timings first, then 3-3-3-8, then 2.5-3-3-8. Cas affects the performance the less than the middle two numbers but affects stability in many (most I'd figure) systems in a big way. Instead of opting for a low Cas latency, try for lowering the middle two instead. hat will get ya best performance.

I found that with Balistix (which act like TCCD at higher MHz) that 3-4-4-8-16-24 gave me the best performance at high MHz (>270MHz). Unfortunately it ended up giving me the same bandwidth as 250MHz at 2.5-2-2-6 & that setting uses less volts so I opted for the tighter timings which give me better overall performance.

ochungry said:
Use 1.55-1.575 vcore, and Ram @ 2.95v min.
Use 3-4-4-8 first if stable then, use 2.5-4-3-9(10)
Use HTL(DFI I thnik) @ 4X. Hyper transport should not exceed 1000-1200mhz.

whoa why would i need such a killer vcore on the proc to run it underclocked 200mhz? and my ldt multi which is for getting the hyper transport was set down to 2 to keep things way low, and ram was given the 2.9v that it wants to supposedly do ddr600, i may have to try the cooling, with the xp120 i can't use the same wedging technique i had before.

Moto i shouldnt need to run it cas 3 all i can think of is that maybe it needs "burnt in" first because its an advertised ddr600 with 2.5-4-4-8 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220140 i was hoping that somebody actually had a set of these i've read how they clock the lower end tccd's but with the numbers they get i know there's some sort of quality due to the advertised timings for these at ddr600. i'll try playing around with timings again in a minute i guess.

darkknight187 said:
whoa why would i need such a killer vcore on the proc to run it underclocked 200mhz? and my ldt multi which is for getting the hyper transport was set down to 2 to keep things way low, and ram was given the 2.9v that it wants to supposedly do ddr600, i may have to try the cooling, with the xp120 i can't use the same wedging technique i had before.

Moto i shouldnt need to run it cas 3 all i can think of is that maybe it needs "burnt in" first because its an advertised ddr600 with 2.5-4-4-8 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220140 i was hoping that somebody actually had a set of these i've read how they clock the lower end tccd's but with the numbers they get i know there's some sort of quality due to the advertised timings for these at ddr600. i'll try playing around with timings again in a minute i guess.
You need at least 1.55 if you want cpu @ 300fsb 1:1. isnt it what you are after?
If not, those rams are exactly the same as pc 3200 2-2-2-5.
So @ 200 fsb run it as said (2-2-2-5). At 230-240 fsb 1:1 timing should be 2-3-3-7(6) and 1.475-1.50 vcore, 2.7v vdimm.
Also you are running HTL too low. It should not be lower than 800.
Best is to keep it at around 1000-1200mhz. burst length should be @ 16bit. C n' quiet disabled. Spread spectrum disabled.
Edit: Also try 2T if above 280 1:1. my xblk pc 3200 runs @ 2T 300 fsb 1:1.
2T command gave me some good performance (fast). I think patriot changed the bin to 2T for anything above 280 mhz on these tccd's. Some members have the XBLK that bought a few months back and are able to run 1T. But as said 2T is just as fast if not faster.
check this link

Last edited:
thats an honest accident there for some reason after doing ocing with undervoltage of my vcore i didnt expect that i would need all of that to get the 300fsb, once i get home and off this mac i'll give it a go.

Back