• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Paint Shop Pro 10 do not update to 10.01

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZGOZZ

Paint Shop Pro 10 do not update to 10.01
You will lock up on loading paint shop when you are done with this instal.

Steps on fixing issue. They are coming out with the right update in a few weeks.

Hi Ron,
Try the following procedure.
This issue may be resolved by completely removing and reinstalling Paint Shop Pro X using the following instructions.

1. Point your web browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, etc..) to ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/PaintShopPro/ (either click on the link or copy and paste it into the address bar of your web browser). This will load the Download page of an FTP Server.
2. Locate the file ZapPS.exe
3. Left-click and drag the file from the Download page window to your Computer Desktop (you can also copy/paste by right-clicking on the file and choosing copy and then right click on your desired destination and choosing paste). This will transfer the file from our server to your computer.
4. When done downloading the file, browse to the location of the saved file. Double left-click on it to launch.
5. From the Product Drop-down menu, choose Corel Paint Shop Pro X.
6. Under Actions, add a checkmark next to all 4 options (Uninstall, Run MSI Zap, Remove Registry Keys, Remove Installed Files).
7. Choose begin. The utility will begin to uninstall Paint Shop Pro X. Then the utility will remove all other portions of the program. Note: The files you have created, edited or saved with Paint Shop Pro will NOT be deleted, moved or changed.
8. Once the entire process is complete, manually delete any remaining Paint Shop™ Pro® X files at C:\Program Files\Corel (or the location where you had Paint Shop™ Pro® X installed, if you installed to a custom location).
9. Reinstall Paint Shop Pro X from your original Downloaded file or CD ROM.
10. Run Paint Shop Pro X and note if the behavior continues.

Thank you,
Dave

Corel Corporation

I'm still using version 5.03, mainly because I found the features in the next version to be pointless. And I continue along using outdated software because it works.

I am still having problems working great for a month and no boom great.

Back