• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD shrink is FLYING

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
dvdshrink8sm.jpg

bam9kf.jpg

iv never seen it break 15k before :D
this was basically a rip since the original dvd was under 4gigs...5 min tho thats ZIPpppyy

Copying a copy is fast because there is no encryption to deal with, nor riplock. It copies it at data speeds, not video speeds, which are typically locked at 2.4x read.

Maybe get yourself some riplock removed firmware. I can't say anything more about it, but I have ripped numerous DVDs in less than 5 mins.

Ya thats common to get the nice fast rip here and there. Newer DVD's though, good luck, you'll be limited by CPU power mainly.

deathman20 said:
Ya thats common to get the nice fast rip here and there. Newer DVD's though, good luck, you'll be limited by CPU power mainly.

You are limited by the speed the DVD drive can read the DVD.

Look at the CPU usage when you rip, its no where close to a load on the system.

{PMS}fishy said:
You are limited by the speed the DVD drive can read the DVD.

Look at the CPU usage when you rip, its no where close to a load on the system.

On my old system it was CPU limited. It would max out at 50% usage with my 2.4C @ 3.3Ghz. I didn't run just the plain standard settings I had sharpening features enabled and such which would increase the length of the coping and overall strain on the CPU.

This system I have now rips 5k to start with then goes up to 12k maxed if I'm using my Sony DVD-ROM drive never even updated the firmware since I bought it. I've found one but there not official ones just made-up ones like there's one for faster reading, slower reading it's stupid.

I always thought it was the read speed of the drive and your hdd for transfer across from the DVD itself.

Back