• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Usps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

so hey i sold a treo 650 on ebay and i sented it out but then the postal office lost gave the package to someone else and they have no idea so i filed a claim on october 13. i was just wondering when would the insurance pay me back. the dude from ebay is going all crazy and sed if i dont pay back by nov. 4th he'll report me, because he doesn't know if i ever sented it and stuff. well, i do have proof of shipment and everything so im not that worried about that. but i was wondering has anyone ever filed a claim on usps and how long does it take for the insurance to send you the money. i mean i feel sorry for him too because it was about 400 dollars and now he's just pressuring me and making me mad :argue:

I haven't filed a claim with the USPS but I know with UPS it took a while last time they lost a package, good thing you have insurance on it though. just tell the guy straight up that USPS lost the package, so he'll calm down a little bit but also explain to PAypal and Ebay so they know the situation ahead of time to protect yourself...

Takes a week or two just for them to 'research'/track the package, then a month to get your money back (could be longer though, it IS the government after all :p ).

ok today i got a letter back from the usps and they said they had DENY MY CLAIM!!!!!!!!!OMG
"our records indicated this package was delievered as addressed on 10/12/05. Snice this article was delivered, we have no alternative but to deny your claim."

they have got to be kidding me, i shipped it to ENCINO, CA 91316 but the tracking number said it was delivered to WOODLANDS HILLS, CA 91367.

Zip code should be right there on the recipt they gave you when you first mailed it out from your post office. If you have 91316 on the recipt, and they say they delivered it to 91367, they can't deny your claim. So, check your recipt. Did you really ship a $400 item, uninsured? $400 worth is only about $5 to insure.

Well, if your receipt says 91316, and they claim to have, via the tracking number, delivered it to another zip code. I can't see how they can deny any claim from you.

I would go back to whatever your post office you originally shipped it from, bring the receipt and a printout from the tracking, and show them this.

ok, im going to do that first thing tomorrow. thanks and would anyone know how to contact the person whos investigating my case in paypal so i can send them information and details about what happen?

USPS has pulled this on me three times before.. Delivery confirmation shows it delivered (nobody knows where though), customer states it wasn't delivered to them..

I've never been successful with a claim for less than $50, if the insured value is over $100 then they have to collect signature.. Ask them who signed for it.

i am in the same position as you. i had insurance for this phone for up to 400 dollars. i wanted it shipped to 91316 and they shipped to 91367. i called up woodhills office and they told me they had no idea who they gave it to and they don't even know where they had delievered it to!!! and yes, they suppose to get a signature for the package too but they just gave it away with no signature confirmation too! deng, and inorder to appeal this, i have to write to them and i have no idea where to start, i'm so frustrated.

Paypal requires signature confirmation (pink slip rather than green) on all items over $250. If you have the green slip, you lose (even though it does confirm delivery, they want a signature).

adriana said:
i am in the same position as you. i had insurance for this phone for up to 400 dollars. i wanted it shipped to 91316 and they shipped to 91367. i called up woodhills office and they told me they had no idea who they gave it to and they don't even know where they had delievered it to!!! and yes, they suppose to get a signature for the package too but they just gave it away with no signature confirmation too! deng, and inorder to appeal this, i have to write to them and i have no idea where to start, i'm so frustrated.

The only claim I have been sucessful with was for a package insured for $300.. I just went to my Post office and they gave me paperwork to fill out.. The delivery confirmation showed the package was delivered (or scanned as delivered) but they didn't make anyone sign for it.. About 3 weeks later they handed over the cash.

yup same thing happen to me, i went to the post office to complain and they did give me the paperwork to fill out. about a month later i get this letter saying that they deny my claim!! no one had sign for it and they delivered to the wrong place.

I did have a package insured for $48 that, although it took nearly 3 months, was eventually paid. I do have to say, though, that recently I've had better luck with USPS(on small items) than with UPS or Fedex. I do believe that there is an appeal process for claims, so don't give up easily.

Back