• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!! Partmgr.sys problmes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RiverCDF951

My laptop is having a problem i start it up and i get a blue screen that says.

Windows has found an error(something like that)

Unmountable_boot_volume

Hardwear problem found - error with Partmgr.sys
I tired booting in dos and using fixboot, and system scan. System scan said one or more errors found but never told me what errors.

Then i restarted it and got "Error - systemrootsystem32mtdll.dll

And it gave me all this "Technial information"

I typed Partmgr.sysin google to see if there was something telling me how to fix it and all i got was some guy saying that it was possibly the motherboard main memory, or the L2 cache, or the video ram

Does anyone know whats wrong?
I need to get all my files back, Because i have a paper for school on it. Is there any way i can fix this, without deleting it all?

did you run a chkdsk /r?

unmountable boot volume can be a sign of a failing hard disk, or disk controller, among other things. I would suspect those things first.

This is want it looks like

comp001.jpg

This is waht it looks like but its different all the time can it be trojan virus?

May be caused by bad RAM. If this is on desktop PC, OC'ing the RAM too much and/or using too low of latencies can cause this crash to occur.

A bad RAM slot possibly is another cause.

Please get and run Memtest86!!

Back