• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please, help me block these emails from Outlook

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MRip

I keep getting these emails from some random online drug store. Several every day. Every one from a different address, different contact name, with different spellings of words in the body, and different topic lines. How in the world am I supposed to get this sh*t out of my mailbox?
I'm using Outlook and I set up a bunch of rules to move them to my junk folder or delete them, but they still get through, and when they don't, they show up with a line through it like I've deleted it, but it's still visible in my inbox. I want this crap to be gone for good. any ideas?

You are kind of limited since blocking is something that needs to be done at the server level.

Rules can be effective if you know what to block. I have a rule set up that junks everything not specifically addressed to me. You can go a step farther and junk everything from people not in your addressbook.

My mail goes through spam assasssin and it flags junk mail. Too bad it doesnt delete it but I set up another rule to put anything with spam assassin or junk in the trash which helps.

Ebola,

I'm having the same problems as MRip.

Can I download Spam assassin to use on my Outlook Express. I get my E-mail through Yahoo and forward it to my Outlook Express.
What version do I need and what does it cost?

Thanks much for any help in this problem that is growing.

Spam Assassin is a server level product so your probably out of luck here.

If you upgrade to the full Outlook 2003 Client, it's pretty decent at killing spam. I have mine filter out pretty much all country domains that I don't deal with and set the built in spam filter to medium or high. I rarely see spam email in my inbox.

You may wish to give Spambayes a try. After a few days of training, it will usually catch all of the spam that the Outlook junkmail filter misses. It's free, easy to setup and configure, integrates seemlessly with outlook and has a very well-designed interface.

Thanks much for the help guys.
I'm going to try Spamnet first and see how it works for me. Then I'll try others if this doesn't work out.

Thanks!

H2 said:
Thanks much for the help guys.
I'm going to try Spamnet first and see how it works for me. Then I'll try others if this doesn't work out.

Thanks!

If you like it (And you will) Shoot me a PM and I'll find a way for you to get it for 1/2 price or cheaper. It used to be free, then went to $1.99 a month, then $3.99 a month.
Somewhere I have info how I got it for $12.99 for a year. I'll try to get this info for you if you want.

PS, Once you pay, you can put it on two computers.

Back