• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Single Channel or Dual Channel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skeletoroar

Registered
What is best?

I'm asking because I have 2 sticks of 512mb PC3200 DDR400 Kingston Ram. Neither of the sticks are bad, I have tested them many times with Memtest86+ and neither have errors through multipul passes. When I put them in Dual Channel I get errors. I'd like to have 1GB of RAM but not the errors. Can someone tell me why I get these errors? I also set it to 2T mode to see if that would effect anything. It did not.

Any suggestions?

probably becuse they are not matched. When putting two chips into dual channel mode the must be exactly the same. If you bought these chips at different times or seprately in seprate pakages than they mak use diffrent memorey chips or a revision that makes them incompatible in dual channel.

Figured it out. I wasn't in 2T, I was in 1T. On my motherboard if you Enable it, it sets it to 1T and if you disable it, it sets it to 2T... live and learn, I guess.

Back