• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyway to run w/o Cisco Clean Access Agent

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

My school just started requiring everyone to have the Cisco clean Access agent installed for us log onto the network. I like to maintain a clean system and Clean access uses to many system resources imo for a program that merely makes sure you have an antivirus and up to date windows definitions

Is there any way I can run in windows without it?

P.S. If this fall under the catagory hacking/cracking/etc then I am happy to abandon this thread

I'm in the same boat as you. But I have noticed that if you log on with it, you can simply close it once everything is up to spec. Your other opinion is to run Linux seeing there is not a client, and you'll simply have just a login screen. By the way, CCA is also a system monitor, there was a big stink on my buddy's campus over it (partly intiated by him) when we discovered it was scanning drives of computers.

What else does it do other than just check for antivirus, you say it scans your drives, I dont want any of that.

And seeing if I could still log in with linux was one of the first things I tried as I am slowly getting through a gentoo install and I needed to make sure i could still get online for portage

it scans your registry and hard drives for up to date and signed Windows files as well as reads whatever Virus program you have to make sure no viruses have been detected, and can cut internet access to infected computers.

Back