• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unusually looong winxp welcome screen after resetting cmos jumper...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jojobiz

i was playing around with my fx57 oc and the system crashed and i had to reset the cmos jumper. i've reset the cmos jumper several times b4 while testing oc but this time after the computer booted back on, the winxp blue welcome screen lasted a good 30+ seconds longer than usual. i tried restoring the system to a previous save point, resetting the cmos jumper again with the battery, turning down the oc, defragging/spyware scan but nothing helped. all the programs seem to run fine without any noticeable slowdowns beside that annoyingly long winxp welcome screen...and now everytime i reboot i have to stare at that looonng welcome screen it's driving me insane.

i have no idea why testing cpu oc would cause something like this, pls let me know if u guys have ran into a similar problem b4. any help is appreciated.
:-/ :-/

It sounds like it may be hanging loading a driver.One could have become corrupted during oc.Maybe try reinstalling the video drivers.

When you reset the CMOS, the BIOS defaults would have been loaded. Is it possible that these defaults have re-enabled some hardware you previously had disabled (and is now causing a conflict), such as onboard LAN/sound? Or maybe it's reverted your primary hdd to PIO mode?

Binny

Back