• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updates Maybe On There Way (November)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I was going round my PC updating my Internet Security files and decided to check Windows Update as it scans to see if I have the latest check up software. It returns with a error at first I thought Background Intell Transfer was not running I started it up (Required Service for the site to work).

And it still came up with the error either M$shaft are updating the site or are getting ready with this months updates.

I am getting the same error. I know it was working 2 days ago when I used it. Dont worry I am sure they will have another fresh batch of 40 security fixes out in time for the holidays.

It's too early for their boat load of November updates, maybe someone hacked their service. :sn: I've noticed the MSN homepage has been down several times i the past couple of weeks, it could be some kind of equipment upgrade.

exact same problem i have all the things it says started when i visit the site B.I.T.S. , autoupdates and the event log are running but it hasnt work for me for a while interestingly my other system does.

just another example of microsoft making life harder for its actual custermers.

this is with 2 win2k systems

The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running:

Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer)
Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted)
Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed)
To make sure these services are running:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type services.msc and then click OK.
3. In the list of services, double-click on Automatic Updates and then click Properties.
4. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
5. Verify that the Service status is started, if the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button.
6. In the list of services, double-click on Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) and then click Properties.
7. In the Startup type list, select Manual and click Apply.
8. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button.
9. In the list of services, double-click on Event Log and then click Properties.
10. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
11. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button.
If this does not resolve the problem you may request help from one of the following resources.

For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions
Find Solutions
Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:
Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Last edited:
Hey Hey updates are available we have TA DA

ONE!!!! Shown Below (That Removal Tool don't count with it always being released every month)

Back