• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8KNXP - CoolerMaster AquaGate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chawks2

I have always flirted with the idea of water cooling, but I did not want to go through the process, due to laziness.

So, I came across an article in Computer Shooper for the CoolerMaster AquaGate, a completely contained water cooling solution! There are 2 versions of the AquaGate, the 80mm & 120mm, obviously this depends on your case. Unfortunately, my case only supported the 80mm.

Being a proud owner of a GA-8KNXP, I decided to go through the tedious mundane process of completely ripping apart my entire system and installing the water cooling system.

First problem: The piping system is designed to go away from the back of the case, however, the memory gets in the way on the 8KNXP!! The pipes were crimped and I could not lock the water pump/block in place. It may work better if you do not use Dual Channel mode.

Second problem: In order for me to properly secure the block I had to reverse the direction of the water pump/block, so as not to interfere with the memory. In doing so, the DPS could no longer be used (not sure it is doing anything for me anyway).

Third problem: My case. I have an old Chieftech case, which I believe, is now owned by Chenming. My case fans were held in by snap in plastic holders, which previously were great, except when trying to mount a radiator on them. :bang head

Temps:

Pre AquaGate - Using 6000 RPM Jet engine fan:
Idle - 42-45 C
Load - 50-55 C

Post AquaGate:
Idle - 36-40 C
Load - 47-51 C

Was it worth it? Hells yeah, noise is greatly diminished. Would I do it again? Probably not.

Last edited:
Yeah I wasn't too happy with the temp difference either. What I'm really bummed about is my mobo died on me without warning last nght. :cry:

Hopefully, I can RMA it, but I think it's past its warranty.

Back