• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Unfied IDE Driver On nForce4 Boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I'm sorting out in getting my Sk939 motherboard next week it's the new or sort of AOPEN nCK804Ua-LFS http://global.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/nCK804Ua-LFS.htm

With it being nForce4 would any of you with an nForce4 board find it wise to install the IDE driver from nVidia. As you all know and may of experienced the driver would never work on a nForce2 board like mine below. Just want to make sure it can be installed due to the nForce2 disaster does it cause probems with DVD/CD-R burners etc.

There are a few folks who have still reported problems, but I have installed them on my NF3 and a DFI NF4 UltraD without issues. Good luck with your new board.

I installed the 6.70 nForce4 AMD drivers with the IDE driver. i haven't noticed any negative issues at all, and my system is perfectly stable with them installed on my Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe.

My DFi Ultra-D Will NOT load windows with the Nvidia IDE drivers, and my DVD-r. Just goes into neverending loop of reboots. If the DVD-r is unplugged then the system will boot fine. and no issues.

If i do not install the IDE drivers there are no issues either. Then the DVD-r works fine.

My question too can I use nvidia chipset drivers or do I need
drivers from mobo vendor?, are they uda?
nf4 chipset.

spyware said:
My question too can I use nvidia chipset drivers or do I need
drivers from mobo vendor?, are they uda?
nf4 chipset.
The Nvidia drivers will work fine and they are more current.

Do not use the IDE Drivers supplied by NVidia. You may use the chipset drivers without a problem. I cannot load Windows if the NV IDE Driver is installed (DFI-Ultra D)

Back