• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

App to show another pc what your doing on your pc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

ok right now im using remote desktop which is nice to fix any probs with my dads pc without havin to leave mine..

well here's a question...

Is there any program (other than remote desktop) that allows you to take control of another PC on a network or thru the internet connection, while that pc is being used to SHOW like a WYSIWYG how to do something?

like a virtual desktop or something? remote desktop allows you to take control of the other pc, but it logs them off while your logged on.. i want a program that allows the person who's pc your logged onto see what your doing...

im using Beyond Remote and it is heavenly, its a free download @ download.com, you can use it just like remote desktop but it JUST takes control of the machine, doesn't log them off or anything. it is a fantastic piece of software. hope that helps

We use Dameware 'Mini Remote' at work. It does what we need it to and has lots of options. I don't think it's free though, but you might check it out anyway.

Dameware is not free, I use it at work. My vote is for a *vnc product. (realvnc, tightvnc, or ultravnc, all FREE) I personally use ultravnc, as it is faster (IMO) and has more features than the others and is compatable with the others as well. Meaning it can connect to a realvnc or tightvnc host but won't have all the capablities if you were connecting to a ultravnc host.

Back