• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AL8-V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes thats what i was thinking, still just wanted to double check, i got shafted like that before because i had the wrong FSB, but yea thanks, you think this budget board will get my cpu places?

It should be fine. With decent cooling and a bump or two in vcore, those 506 processors are generally hitting 4 gig or close to it.

nice, i'll be happy with 3.5ghz out of a cheappy cpu with EMT64, thing is i hope some generic DDR2 can get me there, although in theory with a 1:1 divider i dont really have to oc the RAM at all to get to 3.5, is there something about DDR2 memory that I don't know about (im still a skt 478 inteller)

no. it's still the same pretty much, just the timings are higher and voltage is lower. You don't get many options to play with timings with this board so don't worry too much about it.
It's a good overclocking board, you should be satisfied with it and your 506.

Back