• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Anyone Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spartin

I have recently purchased a Msi P4N Diamond mobo and i was wondering can any of you guys answer a question for me ? the question is as follows do i have a hard firewall and if so is it always switched on, if not can you tell me how to enable it.

Thanks for your help.

ps i have a software firewall but i have seen the adverts for active armour on my mobo and i was just wondering.

Thanks for your time to read this. :bang head

:welcome: to the forums, although I don't know the answer to your question, you may want to pm a mod and ask them to put this in the mobo section.

ill give you an evil answer, www.google.com ..

its useful for most general information

but about your motherbaord its the intel NV4 sli (hopefully) and the nvidia drivers should also install (optionaly) the Nvidia hardware firewall (installs last on the chipset drivers)

but bewarned, for me at least and a few other people the nvidia firewall does cause data corruption on the lan ports while the firewall is installed.

spartin said:
I have recently purchased a Msi P4N Diamond mobo and i was wondering can any of you guys answer a question for me ? the question is as follows do i have a hard firewall and if so is it always switched on, if not can you tell me how to enable it.

Thanks for your help.

ps i have a software firewall but i have seen the adverts for active armour on my mobo and i was just wondering.

Thanks for your time to read this. :bang head

The answer to your question is yes. You have a hardware firewall on that board, but only on the nVidia NIC. The Marvell NIC is not hardware firewalled. Both are also protected by the nVArmor firewall software too. Welcome to the boards!

Back