• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most accurate system tempreture tool?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d3v

What is the most accurate CPU tempreture app out there????

Thanks.

every temp sensing program will report pretty much the same temps - as they all get their readings from the bios...and if the bios is wrong all the software temps will be wrong - so whatever software your mobo manufacturer provides to check temps will suffice - a hardware temp sensor is the only real way to accurately guage temps ;)

but when i go in to BIOS, I always get a CPU temp of 40 degrees celcius while in PC Wizard reads 36 idle and 45 load.

Whats that all about?

Surely being in the BIOS shouldent be a strain on the CPU!!!

every temp sensing program will report pretty much the same temps

I beg to differ!

Benvanz said:
I beg to differ!
Are you trying to run Probe and MBM5 at the same time?
I find they will sometimes interfere with each other if you try to run them at the same time. They give me about the same results if run seperately.

Probe_MBM5.jpg

Also, if your sensor is known to run a few degrees hot or cold, some apps will auto correct it. MBM 5 does this for some sensors and I am sure others do to. I myself use MBM5 or everest for temps.

Back