• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E DLX Performance Help needed..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ssetre

What does that ICH Delayed Transaction do?
What does the dram burst length thing do?

Also why is my ram bandwidth so crappy.... I'm at 2-2-3-5 and in single channel I was getting 94% efficiency at 2-3-3-8. Now with in dual channel its reading 72%(74% with ram performance boost turned on) and I've cranked the timings down. My AI7 never hit that low even when I ran 3-4-4-8.

I have some really good TCCD and this is really disapointing.

I am trying to get some performance out of this thing and I would like some help.

Never had any luck with low latecy TCCD on my board when it was running.... Hynix based chips seemed to work better for me....

Yea I'm starting to see the problem. But I am still trying to figure out why my ram bandwidth is so low. If I loosen the timings the bandwidth gets worse...

Asus mobo's sure are stinkers :p.

I never had performace issue with my setup !!

Also some sellections at hardware parts its a must get, so to get all the power of one system .

Just get the parts that you do not have , so to get the best performance.

Hmm...

My system consists of:

Pentium M 1.6 @ 2.4
P4C800-E DLX 1024 beta bios
1GB PC3700 Platinum OCZ TCCD
X800XL @ 570/590
OCZ Powerstream 520

I think its a pretty good collection of parts. These are all high end parts.

Also why does AI Booster have so many problems with my Dothan? I am contemplating a format and reinstall in the coming days to see if this clears up my problems.

Last edited:
Ssetre said:
Hmm...

My system consists of:

Pentium M 1.6 @ 2.4
P4C800-E DLX 1025 bios
1GB PC3700 Platinum OCZ TCCD
X800XL @ 570/590
OCZ Powerstream 520

I think its a pretty good collection of parts. These are all high end parts.

Also why does AI Booster have so many problems with my Dothan? I am contemplating a format and reinstall in the coming days to see if this clears up my problems.

What??? How Can You Have 1025 Bios?

Theres Only 1023 Final And 1024 Beta.

LoL I goofed on that number....

Right now I'm ready to toast this POS Asus... I swear if it wasn't for the fact that it was the only home for a P-M.

Btw the 1024 Beta bios sucks for overclocking. I'm stuck at 2.42 any higher and my computer acts like its a P200. Also it won't post past 220fsb....

How do I get that useless afudos flashing program to work??? When I actually managed to get the asus update program to work it spat out an error saying the bios installed is newer than the bios your attempting to update. Use our useless headache causing coded by idiots dos flash program...

I've never had so many problems with a motherboard or flashing a bios. I can't wait till I go to next gen of cpu's and get a nice ABIT board....

Sorry for the rant but Asus = :bang head

So how do I get the afudos program to work? It either gives me a file not found or a file creation error...

Create a MS-Dos boot disk (Right click on 3.5", and "Format/Create Startup Disk"). Copy AFUDOS onto it (un-compress it first ;) ).

Then, copy your BIOS onto the Floppy, and MAKE SURE it is less than 8 charachters in length (This burned me for a few hours one night). I use "p4c8ed.ROM" no matter which version BIOS I'm using...

Then, boot with the Floppy, and simply type "AFUDOS /ip4c8ed.ROM" (don't forget the "i" before the BIOS filename!) and that's all folks! I have had issues with Floppy Drives, and issues with having the BIOS' name "too long", but I have never had an isue with the actual flash once I did everything correctly.

Works fine for me! 1024 was stable all the way to 251 for me, but my new soundcard freaks out above 225FSB, and causes crashes due to conflicts with the Promise Controller.

:cool:

Hmm... sounds sooo simple...

I'll give it a shot, and report back with my results. Yea I dunno whats up and if I go over 220fsb using clockgen and a dropped multi. Making sure my pci is at 33.3 it still just hard locks.

After this its getting the Asus windows apps to install.

Back