• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefix going crazy on me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

i think this start last week, firefox will just automatically close the window when i go to different sites like myspace, apple, and other sites on the web but then if i try the 2nd time then it would let me go there. its getting really annoying now, i cleared all the cookies and cache but it still does that. is this a glitch or something?

try uninstalling all copies of firefox that you have then either reinstall 1.5 RC1 or insatll 1.0.7 and wait till 1.5 final comes out. That should solve the problem.

If not, you might want to do some adware and spyware scans.

adriana said:
i think this start last week, firefox will just automatically close the window when i go to different sites like myspace, apple, and other sites on the web but then if i try the 2nd time then it would let me go there. its getting really annoying now, i cleared all the cookies and cache but it still does that. is this a glitch or something?

I had that problem about three or four weeks ago, so I just uninstalled it, and it worked like a doll. If it doesn't work for you, I would uninstall/reinstall, upgrade it, and update all the plugins.

Back