• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI Latency Tool: Advice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d3v

Hi all, the readme with this thing dosen't actually tell you what you should set the options to which is quite dissapointing so I thought I'd come here.

The tool is called PCI-Lantency tool and can be downlaoded here - http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951

It look pretty promising in regards to performance gain so I'd love to know how to use the thing.

Is there anyone here who know's the best settings to set to?

If so could you share them with me?

AMD 64 3000+ Socket 754!
GeIl 512MB 2-2-2-5 Ultra X
MSI K8N Neo Platinum using nVIDIA nForce3 chipset
FX 5900ZT (not XT) 128MB AGP using Starstorm XQ drivers.
Windows XP SP2
DX 9.0c

Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much for that link. I just pulled both sata's out because my tvtuner pci card will not record worth a shiite due to the sata's slowing my pci bus down. Now I have 2 brand new sata's that I cannot use. But with this tool I should be able to reinstall (by cloning) & adjust my latency/s & have the full capabilities of my brand new tuner card. crossfingers
As far as what they should be at, there are 15 pages of posts & from what I gather you will not only have to read many of them, which are excellent, but also test until you find out what is right for your config. From what I can figure, unless you have glitches or probs like mine, you may only get a slight performance from your video card. In other words, you may not need to change latencies at all unless you are having probs. I wonder if my prob would be fixed by simply putting my tuner card into a pci-express slot (which I cannot afford). Thank you again for enlightening me on this apparently years old 'solution'/tweak. will edit when I have answered this question

Back