• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Update and Failed Installs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Sort of similar to my .net issue. Its the same PC but for some reason some updates will not install, actually I got 7 of them and they will all fail at install.

Is there a way around to fixing this? Or shouldn't I bother and just reinstall the system?

Have you tried downloading them seperately from microsoft's download website and installing them manually? hen you do that, if it doesn't wrk, what errors do you get?

Na havn't tried seperate downloads yet. Don't know where to seperately download them actually off there site.

With the update as is going through there website. It downloads them, then starts the install. Give or take 5-10min per item and pounding the CPU it just has a nice little commit behind it saying: failed!

But i'll give it a shot if I can download them seperatly and see where that takes me.

Back