• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e-proauctions.com=AVOID!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TekeTorvo

My Wife received an email saying for 4.85, she would receive some software to start her own Ebay business. Two months later she still has not received the software, and they have billed her Creditcard 2 more times for 39.95, and 28.95.

After calling them, apparently they sent her an email, and by her even opening the email meant she accept an agreement to pay for 2 accounts, and the download to the software was included in the link. When she got upset, I took the phone and they told me they had shipped the software out on the 31st of September.

I consider myself to be very Internet savvy, but not all are. Avoid this scam, and remind your loved ones to do the same.

Visa has a mightier sword than this company though. Her creditcard rep refunded ALL monies, told her it sounded like fraud, was the first they had heard of the company, and would investigate, and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

Another case of companies writing their own rules (like gravity doesn't exist and the sun revolves around us, for example). Then they use those rules/terms to rape you.

I had similar issues with Midphase, a hosting company.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=420564

Fortunately they didn't have a valid credit card on file, otherwise I'd going through the hassle of disputing the charge with my credit card issuer. Buyer beware, even when it looks legit. Do your homework on the company first. 5 minutes of doing a "XXX company sucks" google search to find customer complaints versus the potential for hours wasted later on is an easy tradeoff.

Last edited:
TekeTorvo said:
My Wife received an email saying for 4.85, she would receive some software to start her own Ebay business. Two months later she still has not received the software, and they have billed her Creditcard 2 more times for 39.95, and 28.95.

After calling them, apparently they sent her an email, and by her even opening the email meant she accept an agreement to pay for 2 accounts, and the download to the software was included in the link. When she got upset, I took the phone and they told me they had shipped the software out on the 31st of September.

I consider myself to be very Internet savvy, but not all are. Avoid this scam, and remind your loved ones to do the same.

Visa has a mightier sword than this company though. Her creditcard rep refunded ALL monies, told her it sounded like fraud, was the first they had heard of the company, and would investigate, and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

I would check your computer for deeply hidden trojans since you downloaded unknown risky software.

Silversinksam said:
I would check your computer for deeply hidden trojans since you downloaded unknown risky software.

Thats where I caught them in their first lie, and the guy got silent. He told my wife the Download link was in the email, but 3 minutes later told me the software had been shipped out, and must have been lost in the mail. She didn't DL anything, and if she did, I would hope AVG would stop it, or M$ Anti spyware would find it.

Thanks for the reminder warning though.

Back