• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

.Net Framework 2.0 x86

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

This has shown up now in Microsoft Update I've never really understood what it's for apart from the fact. I know it's needed for ATi graphics drivers but other than that I'm lost :confused:.

Since I'm using a nVidia card and will be again once my other card arrives (Ow 6800GT sounds good). Will I need it to cut it short?

Generics are only supported on Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 and above, as well as compact framework 2.0.

Both C# 2.0 and Visual Basic 2005 support defining and consuming generics. Visual C++ 2005 also supports generics in addition to classic C++ templates. Visual J# 2005 supports consuming generic types but not defining them.

One example of using generics is where the parameter type is not defined in the definition. Deleclaring the type is held off until an object is constructed. This lends itself to code reuse.

Visual Basic example using generics.

Definition:

Public Class LinkedList(Of T)
End Class

Construction:

Dim numbers As LinkedList(Of Integer) = New LinkedList(Of Integer)()
Dim names As LinkedList(Of String) = New LinkedList(Of String)()

By the way Visual Studio.Net 2005 Beta + its MSDN help requires almost 4 GB of disk space. I have it installed on my laptop.

Back