• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

US vendor for Canadiens

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

giantyogurt

Finished all the paperwork and got the website setup. (using open-source commerce solution for now.)

I'm a Canadian myself and I know how nice it would be if some of the cool and rare stuff that's sold in the states could also be shipped to Canada at the US price. Now that I have access to anything from computer parts to video games and home entertainment electronics, I have no clue as to what are the things that Canadian folks would want to buy the most.

On the other hand, as for payment options, I think e-mail transfer is one of the easiest methods available to Canadians beside Paypal.

Anyway if you have any suggestion or comment to contribute, please do not be hesitant. I really need your help in determining where I find my niche market to specialize in. Thanks.

Well, I don't really find it so difficult to find what I need, but the main issue is prices. Prices for Computer components, especially in the higher end, are much higher than they are in the US.
Although, a lot of components tend to show up on average 1-2 months later in Canada, which I find quite strange considering our location.
There are a number of stores, such as Bigfoot Computers, that already specialize in the components that are wanted, but their prices are very high, so I usually avoid them.
However, if you could get some Ceradyna 92x92x38 and 120x120x38 fans, it would be rather nice. ;)

Aslan said:
but their prices are very high, so I usually avoid them.
However, if you could get some Ceradyna 92x92x38 and 120x120x38 fans, it would be rather nice. ;)

I will contact their office in CA to see what they ask for min. quantity. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

IrishAssassin said:
Hmmm, would this store be located in Canada or in the US because I'm not sure how customs would work.

It is inevitable for the business to be located in the US in order to purchase from US distributors and thus keep the price low. Items be shipped either from CA or MI.

Back